[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
ISRP on Unlikely Heroes • View topic - Proposed new setting

Proposed new setting

All proposals for changes to look and feel, what is available, settings, and anything outside of the rules and regulations goes here.

Proposed new setting

Postby Magi Gabriel » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:02 am

Magi Gabriel
Site Admin

Re: Proposed new setting

Postby Magi Nashira » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:12 am

Also, we'd be happy to see what ideas are put forth as to what this realm might be called. :mrgreen:
"Pray that your loneliness may spur you into finding something to live for, great enough to die for." Dag Hammarskjold
"They have worlds out there, people that you wouldn't believe. But they do not have chocolate." Farscape
Magi Nashira

Postby Wereteddy » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:01 pm

I like what I see, though I have no suggestions for names. Naming locations is the one thing I have the most difficulty with.
"I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men."
Wereteddy

Postby Allegro » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:13 am

Yay! I want to get a little list ready for you guys if that's okay so I don't just continuously post things on this thread.
Onward.
Allegro

Postby Magi Nashira » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:47 am

By all means, Allegro, we're happy to see the list you offer. :)
"Pray that your loneliness may spur you into finding something to live for, great enough to die for." Dag Hammarskjold
"They have worlds out there, people that you wouldn't believe. But they do not have chocolate." Farscape
Magi Nashira

Postby Jessybel » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:41 pm

Quick note because I have to go to work. (Blast it!).

Generally I like it. It is far more expansive than I originally imagined it to be, and yet still concise enough that it can be perceived as a small setting. The other thing I particularly like is the break between class systems, which always makes for interesting tension. And with dramatic tension you get stories. Very cool little home-brew.
Adventure may hurt you, but monotony will kill you.
Jessybel

Postby Allegro » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:51 pm

Ooh it would be kind of cool to have some kind of quantifiable status clashing!
Onward.
Allegro

Postby Jessybel » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:18 am

Indeed!

Docktown sounds like it would be fishermen, wet and muggy streets with people haggling for pennies at the nearby markets. While Guildtown is the source of perhaps thieves and merchants guilds, where everything costs you a favour. The concept of a higher city perceiving itself as better-than-others almost sets up a caste system, where the rich and noble only interact with the "lower regions" if they're up to something.

It's very intriguing.
Adventure may hurt you, but monotony will kill you.
Jessybel

Postby Allegro » Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:00 am

So I have a small working list of ideas for names of the new setting, and I'm going to just put all I have here. I do like a few of them, but I'll won't say so if someone feels it's totally junk they won't worry about offending (pressure lol).

SO in no particular order, I have:
Ferellia
Farronia
Rim’s Reach
Estomir
Callambraugh
Shaedovir
Hodrane
Oakanor
Mardu
Zalestra
Fregael
Solbarivan Isles

I thought I had a lot more, but I figured this would be a good jump base. I tried to combine sounds that make the place seem habitable but also highlight the danger enough in them, what with what appears to be an island made entirely of fire, an island filled with crazy evil, and the edge of the world just hanging out nearby. Like I said, if they're not good, just slash them and I'll either make more or just work with someone to try to make a better name.

P.S., for a while I had a name called Fa'ararai, but it was only for the audio joke. Still funny.
Last edited by Allegro on Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Onward.
Allegro

Postby Nox » Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:56 pm

I like Rim's Reach.
Nox

Next

Return to ISRP of the Future