[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
ISRP on Unlikely Heroes • View topic - Settings going forward

Settings going forward

All proposals for changes to look and feel, what is available, settings, and anything outside of the rules and regulations goes here.

Re: Settings going forward

Postby Nox » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:29 pm

I don't mind there being a restricted setting, and I can imagine why a few of my lower-powered characters would prefer to hang out in a place where the worst that can happen is a bandit or the like, and not a crazed immortal demon. I don't really see myself playing a lot there, but I think it's an okay thing to have. It kinda really breaks it when every demon/angel/antediluvian vampire/cartoony faerie cat starts restricting themselves to go there, though. It completely breaks my immersion. I would say we should make a point on keeping the more supernatural characters in unrestricted rooms, but then that sounds like the criteria for rooms is power-level and... I don't think I like that either.

Maybe any writers out there could work up a mock description, or a paragraph or the like, for any setting idea that comes to mind and post them? Just to get some gears turning. I like the Convergence Keep thing, so I might give that a shot later through the week.
Nox

Postby Magi Gabriel » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:00 pm

Magi Gabriel
Site Admin

Postby Nox » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:43 am

I've got only one issue with that: in the restricted setting, 'relocating the CRT' or putting BG in 'a new tavern.' I have to say again, I personally dont' like the idea of limiting one of the main rooms to a single tavern. The only reason my main character even goes to the CRT is because he's compelled to follow someone else who always goes there. It gets really dull to play my character -any of my characters- just going to have a drink in a bar and randomly talk to people. You could make it the town square, or hell, even the whole town instead. I really doubt it's going to be that anarchic. Like the Great Bazaar, mostly people stick to the café, but the room is the Great Bazaar itself and you don't HAVE to circumscribe yourself to a single closed space.
Nox

Postby Magi Gabriel » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:35 pm

Magi Gabriel
Site Admin

Previous

Return to ISRP of the Future