MapleStory 2: The Way to Get antiques

Come in, say hi, discuss the meaning of life, meet new and interesting strangers, build a bond of trust with them so you can feel bad when you do terrible things to their characters.

MapleStory 2: The Way to Get antiques

Postby Sletrry » Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:47 am

Afterward, NexonNA just needs to require this on all newly created accounts. They also must connect each telephone number to a particular account. If this account receives a ban, so will the telephone number. This way, once a bot account is banned, Maplestory 2 Mesos will require a new phone number to generate a new account. Phone numbers, although plentiful, are far less abundant than ip addresses are.

It's trivial to get a new ip address, takes mere moments, but getting a new phone number is a lot more work, and also capital intensive. This places a massive barrier which only gets more successful over the years (as more and more telephone numbers are blocked) against bot accounts. But it doesn't hamper legitimate players in all (because, honestly, in case you have a computer that can run MS you've got access to a phone of any kind).

I know there are a number of disadvantages, but I do not believe they're large enough to justify not implementing this method. The biggest disadvantage I can see is that a bot/meso farmer uses your phone number and gets it banned before you try to produce your account. In that scenario, there could be a fairly intensive approach to clear a phone number (it would need to be more intensive to be a successful ban).

Either that or you are out of chance, however, the probability of that occurring anyhow are slim to none to start with. Additionally, nexonNA could mechanically prohibit phone numbers from all countries outside the serviced nations, thus making it even harder for chinese meso farmers to work (they would require a massive source of American/canadian phone numbers and corresponding telephones on hand to make more bots).

More product of games at Mmogo!If you want to buy,welcome to https://www.mmogo.com/Maplestory-2/Mesos.html !
Sletrry

Return to ISRP Lounge